Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Future Shock


Blogging is all very well. But there's no way on earth that I can keep up with the pace of my thinking. It's all a bit 'Future Shock'. Documenting my thoughts and responses to what I read or am otherwise exposed to (or fling into the corner of my delicious account) is absolutely out of the question.

Today, for instance, I read the following from Survival Acres. It pretty much covers the territory. What more can I say? The main thrust is that anything that's going to happen will. There's no such thing as needing to worry about the future of the human race. No point. Not important. What is important is for me to work on my own world view so that I can determine how I'll relate to global 'happenings'.

I was thinking of an eco-village. But if the only outcome is to perpetuate a from of the way of life we're already living . . . You see my drift?

It is taken as a given that the best thing to do is to maximize one's chances of survival (or one's family) but I don't subscribe to that at all. No longer.

Oh, and another thing. Just yesterday evening I heard a sentence or two about 'Morphic field' and 'Morphic resonance'. From what I was able to learn, the idea resonates with my own thinking. Another string to the bow of my arrow to follow and see where it lands.