Thursday, July 17, 2008

Last thing on my mind

The last thing on my mind before I slept was ‘What Things Stress Me?’ The first thing on my mind in the morning was ‘What’s The Best Approach For Me?’ Let’s go for the second approach.

Very well then, but we’ll need to look at the situation as it is first, which is: I’m often overwhelmed by the requirements of living (note to myself: write about my internal Bullshit-ometer. Also, standing back from myself and viewing from the perspective of my shoulder—the old ‘I can be with my-father-in-heaven or here’ attitude)

So here’s the list of things that don’t exactly worry me, but have an effect:

The way the world is heading
Trying to absorb everyone’s ideas
Wanting to disengage from the predominant culture
Finances
The burden of possessions
Clutter
Training injuries
Feeling ‘I need to do something with my life’
Being obliged to deal with stuff that I don’t want to
Future planning
Polytechnic work
Dealing with people
Finding a voice (on ‘paper’)
Completing ‘Hadashi no Tabi
The responsibility of maintaining a home
The breakdown of gadgetry I depend on
Neglecting meditation
Neglecting body work
Sexual drive

For one thing, let’s spend up to hour as regularly as I can just writing and thinking in this fashion. A walk around the block beforehand isn’t a bad idea either!